Thursday, January 15, 2009

The List

Step II...otherwise known as "The Categories"

But first, just a few housekeeping issues...

My hope is that between now and July, I'll have a lot of things in each category. As I get closer to my birthday...I'll start weeding out things that I've already done...and narrow the list down to the 30things I really want to do. So, if a category looks full, still give suggestions. If there is a category that only has one suggestion...that's the thing that I'll do.

Along those lines, in putting together the list so far, I realized a number of things can fall into multiple categories...but don't you worry about that. Since I'm about to be a 30 yr old business lady...and have been blessed with the ability to think critically...I have the power to manipulate these lists. Neat huh? Like I mentioned in the last post, Sarah and Justin said I should go to a Cardinals/Cubs game at Wrigley field. That is a fantastic idea that could go in the category of: road trip, travel, or concert/sporting event, etc.

If there are multiple good suggestions for a category...and the "Holley Idea" portion of that category was totally lame...I may just steal your idea...and claim it as my own.

Oh--and I'm open to suggestions with new categories. I will admit some of the categories below are a less-than-stellar.

In no particular order:

Purchase:
Holley Idea(s): Car. Dog.
Suggestion(s): 1. New refrigerator (Abby D)

Travel:
Holley Idea(s): Grand Canyon. Cruise.
Suggestion(s):
1. Alaska (Hans M)
2. Machu Picchu (Betsy C)
3. South Africa (Betsy C)

Book:
Holley Idea(s):Bible. Tipping Point.
Suggestion(s):

Learn Something:
Holley Idea(s): Snowboard. Cooking class.
Suggestion(s):
1. Photography Class (Angie C)

Activity/Fitness:
Holley Idea(s): Complete a marathon. Lose a pound for every category. A mini-triathlon.
Suggestion(s):

Concert/Sporting Event:
Holley Idea(s): Neil Diamond
Suggestion(s):
1. Cardinal/s Cubs game at Wrigley (Sarah/Justin)

STL/MO Experience:
Holley Idea(s): Ice skating at Forest Park.
Suggestion(s):
1. Chuck Berry at Blueberry Hill (Bob/Maggie)

Spiritual Experience:
Holley Idea(s): A weekend of silence. A missions trip.
Suggestion(s):

Restaurants to Try:
Holley Idea(s):
Suggestion(s):
1. Fast Eddies (Bob/Maggie)
2. Melting Pot (Justin/Sarah)

Community Service:
Holley Idea(s): Serve food at a soup kitchen on a holiday.
Suggestion(s):

Movie to See:
Holley Idea(s): Juno.
Suggestion(s):

Catch-all/Misc Category:
Holley Idea(s): Get a job as a waitress. Meet w/ a Financial planner.
Suggestion(s):
1. Hot Air Balloon Ride (Michelle P)

Road Trip:
Holley Idea(s): Visit Meredith
Suggestion(s):
1. Visit Meredith (Meredith W)

A little bit...or a lot bit...Uncomfortable:
Holley Idea(s): Travel on my own.
Suggestion(s):
1. Skydive (Amanda B)
2. Skydive (Bob C)
3. Match.com (Ryan M)

Something Famous "ish":
Holley Idea(s): Meet someone famous. Sit in the audience of a TV show.
Suggestion(s):
1. Be an extra in a movie (George Clooney movie coming to STL http://www.missouribusiness.net/film/hotline.asp) (Sarah S)

Professional Development
Holley Idea(s):
Suggestion(s):

Category Suggestion(s).

6 comments:

  1. TRAVEL:

    Travel to Italy and (or) Greece with your sister!! (i think this is and should be top on your list!!)

    GAMES:

    Cardinal and Cubs game in Chicago....(sister comes with on this one as well! I mean i would hate for you to get blown away in the windy city of chicago)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also....

    Okay so i thought i remembered seeing like "learn how to snowboard" in one of your catagories but i don't see it.

    If you want to learn how to snowboard and you have an actual instructor teaching you i would soo do that with you. I would like to learn how to snowboard the "right" way this time!

    Of course if that is what YOU want to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holley,

    How ironic... you're my first born and you're my first "blogee"- how cute is that!!!
    As you know, I'm not a risk taker, so I will not be participating in any sky diving, repelling, or even "extreme ironing".... yes, there is such a thing - check it out at :

    www. extremeironing.com

    However, I do think you should get Beyonce, and I would love to go with you to pick out my first "grand dog"!! Then, when Cesar Millan comes to St. Louis, we can go to one of his seminars together!! :) In fact, if he is within 5 hours of driving, I'll take you, Megan and Beyonce on a road trip. How fun would that be!?!

    Have fun planning your life from July 14, 2009 thru July 13, 2010. You're Great!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. two comments:

    1) why no roadtrip to visit angie?

    2) the big texan steak ranch challenge. A 4.5 pound steak (cooked to your liking), bread roll with butter, potato, ranch beans, shrimp cocktail, and salad...down that in an hour and the $72 meal is on the house...

    check it out:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Texan_Steak_Ranch

    only in america.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holley! my suggestions are:
    PURCHASE:
    energy efficient products! like CFL lightbulbs and faucet aerators.
    RESTAURANTS:
    sidney street cafe
    RANDOM:
    godzilla movie marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travel: Ireland's west coast
    Book: All the classics (Little Women, Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm etc.)
    Learning Something: How to say hello in more than 10 languages
    Activities: Repelling
    Concert: At the Metropolitan Opera in NY
    STL Experience: Fireworks under the Arch
    Restaurants to Try: Indian Palace, The King and I (Thai), Berix or Bosna Gold (Bosnian), Sameem’s (Afgan), Meskerem (Ethiopian), CafĂ© Natasha’s Kabob International (Iranian
    Movie to see: Les Miserables (1998 with Liam Neeson – all about grace)
    Road Trip: Grand Canyon

    ReplyDelete